While there are many commercial products on the market today to help get rid of bathroom mold, not all mold removal products are created equal.
And certainly not all are environmentally safe or recommended for use around pets and their people.
Go Green with Environmentally Safe Mold Removal Products
Whether you have sensitive skin that is irritated by harsh chemicals, or you don’t want to be exposed to harsh fumes and chemicals, or have a compromised immune system-you deserve a bathroom mold removal product that is safe and effective to use.
First, consider your mold removal project-is it big, small or routine maintenance that you seek? There are a variety of mold removal products on the market in varying strengths and formulas.
The ones listed here are the safest most environmentally friendly mold removal products I have come across so far. If you have suggestions or recommendations please drop me a line at email@example.com
Our dollars can and do make a difference. Products containing harsh chemicals like biocides, such as bleach, can do more harm than good as they create dangerous fumes and are bad for the environment.
Eco-Friendly Mold Removal Products: Safe Mold Removal
- Molderizer-is an organic mold removal product that helps to remove mildew, soap scum and dirt. Molderizer says it is safe to be used around the elderly, children and pets. No bleach, chemicals or harsh fumes.
- Vinegar– Depending on how you feel about the strong smell of vinegar, it will kill germs and help keep mold at bay, environmentally safe
- Teflex: a water based polymeric disinfectant safe to use around humans and animals and environmentally safe. Teflex is non-toxic, odorless, colorless, non-carcinogenic and non allergenic. Can be applied to almost any surface including wood, metal, fabric, glass.
- Quaternary-Ammon: biodegradable, water soluble, EPA registered, used to eliminate black mold, mildew, and bacteria. Can be used on porous and non-porous surfaces including ceilings, floors, carpet, and walls. Has been approved for use in schools and hospitals.
- Thermapureheat: non-toxic way to improve indoor air quality by killing mold, bacteria, and insects. Also helps to dry out affected areas.
- Germ Doc: Non-toxic and odorless, kills mold spores, helps remove mold from bathroom grout and mildew from paneling.
- MoldZyme: Eco-Friendly mold remover and cleaner is a non-toxic product that also leaves an anti-magnetic coating to prevent dust and dirt, is safe around humans, animals, marine and plant life, odorless, and can be used on any water safe surface.
- Diluted hydrogen peroxide– Read this report on how to do this safely – mold can actually spread if not removed correctly.
- Ozone Generator Pro-8: This machine might be worthwhile if you have multiple uses for it. It is a powerful mold and odor killer, with an ozone output of 8,000 mphg (8 grams/hour). Ozone is a disinfectant 3,000 times more powerful than chlorine. This one is not to be used around humans or pets while in operation-the area must be vacated while the ozone generator works. It works by creating unstable ozone molecules (O3) that will attach then attach themselves to any particle they can find including biological pollutants such as bacteria and mold. Once the particle is oxidized it is no longer toxic, also destroying itself, leaving behind safe and breathable oxygen (02). So that is why you don’t want to be in the area while it is working-ozone is dangerous until it is oxidized.
- Vital Oxide: non toxic, VOC free, people, pet and environmentally safe. Vital Oxide is antimicrobial and has many uses including the removal of mold and is also effective in controlling airborne pathogens and odors. Porous to penetrate surfaces such as walls, concrete, and wood. Contains no enzymes.
- Safe Shield Organic Mold Cleaner Encapsulate-Safe Shield is available in a 32 oz size and comes in a variety of fragrances-palm olive, cherry, vanilla, lemon, orange or odorless. It is an organic product that states it is safe to use around pets and children. It is a bleach free product with no harsh fumes or chemicals. It should not be used on marble. Safe Shield will kill mold, dust mites and help remove musty odors.
- Seventh Generation– Environmentally safe shower cleaner. Removes soap scum buildup and stains caused by mold and mildew. Not only mold removal products but a good line of eco-friendly household cleaners.
- Recipe For Mold Prevention Maintenance-if you don’t have money to spend on a professional environmentally friendly mold prevention product, you can still be environmentally safe by giving this recipe a try. Just mix together vinegar, hot water and baking soda. Along with some good old fashioned elbow grease this mold removal recipe makes a good homemade solution to Eco-Friendly mold removal products.